The SAR has a technical center that is modern and unique in the business. Combining a laboratory and test center, it ensures the synergy of skills. It is also a means of making progress, a training center and a showcase for the technological developments of our products.
The power of a leader, the experience on the field: two major assets.
Our research and development team is above all multidisciplinary:
- Chemistry technicians and engineers for the fundamental research and formulation,
- Experts in marking, who have acquired essential know-how on the field,
- Application experts mastering all marking materials.
These teams finalize the marking products of the future.
In the laboratory, a rigorous and scientific approach is supplemented by performance evaluation under real conditions on a test site, in accordance with the requirements of the European standard EN1824 or EN13197.
The R&D team develops and formulates for customers throughout the whole world.
This international cross-disciplinary vision enables SAR to offer its customers:
- New know-how and creativity because the performance or standard requirements specific to each country lead us to formulate our products specifically.
- Good understanding of the behaviour of our products in coping with external stresses through application on various test sites abroad (different traffic, climate and support).
Innovation and sustainable development.
- Eco-design of products: SAR is a member of the PURE Association.
- Use of green chemistry: our hot coatings are formulated from raw materials of vegetable origin.
- Reduction of the carbon footprint in our formulas: more than 30 references of SAR are labelled NF Environment, development of paints with very low rates of VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds).
- Search for innovative and environmentally-friendly packaging: our products are available with internal plastic foil into the drum to limit waste and so that metal containers can be more easily recycled. Our hot coatings are packaged in hot-melt bags generating zero waste.
- Development of a new product range without titanium dioxide.